How to Eliminate Smoke OdoursDecember 11, 2016
How to Prevent and Clean Mould in ShowersDecember 11, 2016
5 Ways To Eradicate Dust From Any Home Or Office
Dust accumulation is more than just a nuisance it has many underlying health hazards that can cause serious maladies. The bacteria in dust particles has been proven to cause many afflictions including allergies, asthma, respiratory illness and skin problems.
- Equipping forced air heating or cooling systems with high quality filters is good preventative measure against dust. Furnace and air conditioning filters should have the highest MERV rating possible. The MERV ratings range from 1-16 the highest being the most efficient against dust.
- Having regular cleaning of air-ducts is another effective way of lowering dust levels. Try to schedule yearly or bi- yearly cleaning for optimum results.
- When vacuuming be sure your vacuum is equipped with HEPA filtres (high efficiency particulate air) as these actually pick dust mite waste and eggs.
- Always aim for humidity to be under 50% the optimum rate is 35%.
- Wipe furniture with a microfibre clothes because of their tiny fibres that cling to the dust particles. Ostrich feather dusters are also effective as dust particles will adhere to their electrically charged feathers.
If you try to achieve these 5 areas of concern you will experience lower levels of dust accumulation and cleaner air.